The Prestatyn-Scala.info (https://prestatyn-scala.info) website values your visit and respects your privacy which is important and we will always take steps to protect your privacy where possible. We will never knowingly provide, sell or pass on your information to a third party unless otherwise clearly stated and with your prior agreement or consent.
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services may include newsletters, competitions, live chats, forum and gallery membership. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Prestatyn-Scala.info and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information Prestatyn-Scala.info will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
External websites. We may in similar fashion to other websites include referral links to information, products or services on external websites, for example a clickable advertising banner to a website which provide vintage photographs. We are not responsible for the content, policies or workings of external websites, their content or their policies. Similarly, we cannot prevent other websites from causing pop-up, pop over, pop under windows etc although we do not provide these ourselves.
Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Cookies record information about your online preferences. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features available on our website. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Your visit to this website or its host together with any navigation may be recorded by our website statistics software. Aside from options in your web browser, you can also use a third party application such as the excellent and free CCleaner to remove any cookies and temporary Internet Cached files.
Search Engine Indexing. Your presence on our website may be indexed by third party search engines such as Google, Yahoo, AOL, MSN etc. We allow Search Engine Spiders (also known as Bots) to navigate this website to improve our search engine ranking and performance, and as such they may track or record content for inclusion and publication into their respective Search Engines. We attempt where possible to control Search Engine Spider Bot behaviour and use any software functionality so that they are unable to gather email addresses or ‘spam’ our Forums, Gallery or Members.
Malicious behaviour. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to prestatyn-scala.info or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on prestatyn-scala.info, the Prestatyn-Scala.info can use whatever information that is available about you to stop such behaviour. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
Malicious third party behaviour. We use professional quality web hosting and software, making sure that any and all security updates are applied in a timely manner. Should the worst happen and any part of our website or web hosting become the victim of hacking or virus attacks, we cannot be held liable for any infections or loss of personal or private data that may unfortunately occur.
Users 16 and under. If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Prestatyn-Scala.info website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Use of our website is deemed acceptance of these policies and guidelines.
Images and Content
You agree not to copy or use images, media or content from our website without prior consent. Our website contains certain content and images provided for use with written consent by third parties.
Message Board Forums and Community Areas including Gallery, Comments etc
Member Names will be remove or edited if they…
- Contain website or email addresses
- Contain contact information ie phone numbers, postcodes etc
- Appear to impersonate someone else
- Contain swear words or are otherwise objectionable
We reserve the right to remove or edit messages which
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Are written in anything other than English – Welsh and Gaelic may also be used
- Contain links to other websites which break our Guidelines
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be ‘spam’, that is posts containing the same, or similar, message posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic for the website
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts. Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
Safety. We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the Administrator using the ‘Contact Us’ link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law:
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on our website. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed on our website’s communal areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of the Prestatyn-Scala.info or its owner.
If you are under 16, please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any Prestatyn-Scala.info discussion. Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.